What We Offer
As an owner of an investment property you want a company who will look after your best interests. Greg Garrett Property Management is committed to providing the highest possible service for you and your property. We are committed to:
- Actively advertise your property, including on the internet and on our website
- Place your property in the Multiple Listing Service (MLS)
- Set show appointments and show your property
- Process applications – check credit report & references
- Draw lease agreement and distribute copies
- Perform move-in inspections
- Collect monthly rents
- Send monthly & annual statements
- Prepare yearly 1099 forms
- Supervise repairs & maintenance
- File W9 forms
- File R5 forms, if necessary
- Perform move-out inspections
- File for collections and garnishments, if necessary
You will also receive at the end of each month a financial statement, copies of bills we paid on your behalf and of course your proceeds for the month. At the end of the year you will receive a 1099 for reporting to the IRS.
Do you need a Property Manager?
Let us help you make up your mind.
How close are you to your home?
This is huge when thinking about repairs and emergency maintenance, regular home inspection and collections. Are you going to be able to carve the time out you need to deal with these issues?
Have you though about how much rent you should be asking.
If you ask too little there could be $$$ left on the table ask too much and you could be sitting with a vacant property for months.
Accounting is another area that needs some thought.
Record keeping of property costs and income at tax time is very important to make sure you are filing properly. A property management company will keep track of all of your costs and income. Most will send you monthly statements and will provide a 1099 at the end of the year.
Application and tenant approval is essential to finding good tenant for you home.
Do you have the ability to do background checks on rental history, credit and confirm income to qualify your new tenant. Not doing this properly can cost you thousands of dollars in rent loss and damages.
Finally proper representation in court when you have to go is also essential.
Property management companies have experience in court and will have an Attorney on retainer for some of the difficult problems that might arise.
If you have questions on any of these it might be in your best interest in talking with a property management company. Greg Garrett Property Management would be happy to set up a time to discuss all of your property management needs.
Investing in Leading Technology
We have invested in a web-based property management and accounting software from AppFolio so our experienced team can manage your properties with the highest level of service. Our software not only provides great benefits to our office but we are also able to share many of these benefits with you:
- Respond more quickly and offer excellent service to both owners and residents.
At any time and from anywhere, we are able to securely access data about all properties. Sensitive records are safely stored in a state-of-art data center which is automatically and routinely backed up.
- Save time and paper by using email to send monthly owner statements.
The statements are organized in a concise and easy to read format that details the performance of your property for the previous month. We can also post these monthly statements on a secure Owners Portal.
- Process and respond to maintenance requests more quickly.
We can quickly resolve issues by accessing vendor information and using electronic work orders for more efficient communication. All records are stored for future access.
- Pay you even faster every month.
Deposits can go directly into your bank account using ACH (electronic payments).
- Market your properties in more locations across the Internet, filling vacancies much faster.
Our integrated system lets us professionally advertise your properties on our company Web site, Craigslist, and other Internet locations.
- Prospective residents can apply online with the click of a button.
Online applications are integrated with all vacancy postings. This means we avoid paper applications, saving lots of time and ultimately filling vacancies more quickly.
- Residents can avoid sending rent checks by paying their rent online.
We avoid the time and expense of managing rent checks each month and this is a great value-add service for residents.
Owner Statements Available Online
Did you know that you can now access your owner statements online?
- Concise statements covering the performance of your property for the previous month
- All data on your property is stored in a state-of-the-art data center
- Access information about your property 24/7
- Access information about your property from anywhere with an internet connection
How it works:
In order to keep your financials secure, we use a state of the art portal system which communicates with your email.
Each time you wish to view your reports, you must visit the portal and enter in your email address. You will be emailed a single-use link where you can view your statements. This link does not have a time limit, however, it will only work once.
A few testimonials about our services:
“Timely and accurate monthly statements.” - Lamberto B.
“I can always depend on you to square things away.” – Brandon W.
“You keep our unit rented.” - Susie M.
“Professional response to all issues and related issues. Keep this kind of quality up and you will rank number one.” - Hans B.
“I feel like my concerns are heard and acted upon.” – Gary S.
“I have had a long and trusted relationship here and hope to continue for several years to come. Thanks!” – Lori C.
“Protecting our interest and keeping us updated in a timely manner.” – Joel and Melinda M.
“If the tenant has a problem, you’ve been very good about responding in a timely manner.” – Mark W.
“Ability to stay engaged in the management of our property and to communicate with us.” – David C.